Albert Einstein once said, “Everything in life is vibration.” Sound waves affect a change of frequencies in certain parts of the brain, thereby affecting the behavior of the person due to the different manner in which the neurons in the brain ‘fire up’. In today’s fast life, almost everyone is affected by stress – either at home or work. Even the exams bring stress to the students.
What is Sound Wave Meditation?
You may or may not have heard about sound-waves meditation before, but it’s all around you and waiting to be discovered. The basis of sound-waves meditation is audio frequencies. Even just listening to your favorite song, one that makes you feel alive is a form of sound healing. In fact, chanting of ‘om’ is one of the oldest forms of sound-wave meditation. Also, gongs, Tibetan singing bowls, bells, metallic discs, etc, which Buddhist monks use for chanting and meditating, create sound waves that have a certain impact on the brain.
Specific musical instruments played during the meditation allow participants to use sound as a therapeutic tool to disconnect from wandering thinking and dig into a transcendental state.
Why Sound Wave Meditation?
Have you ever wondered why the sound of waves or birds singing soothes our mind or the jarring ringing of a telephone or the shrill sound of a vehicle horn make us restless and irritating?
Each sound or music has its own frequency and always triggers the same reaction in the brain. The purpose of sound-wave meditation is to recognize that particular frequency for you that would calm your mind. That particular frequency is different for different people. This also helps people suffering from depression Also; one of the good things about this kind of a meditation is that when done properly, the effect of brainwave meditation could stay for hours and sometimes even days.
How to do the Sound Meditation?
There is no particular way of doing it. In the start, you can seek professional help but you can always start on your own. Just search sound wave meditation music online, download it and start listening to it using your headphones. You can even listen to it on speakers too – whichever comforts you.
Where is the time to do this?
The best part is that you don’t need a special time to do this meditation. You can use your sleep time to do this and sleep much better in the process. Just put it on a low volume so as the sound does not hurt your ear and gives you a soothing effect.
Benefits of Doing Sound Wave Meditation
There are numerous benefits of doing this Sound Wave meditation, and a few are listed below.
- It quiets the mind and helps you relax.
- It enables you to extricate your unwanted habitual patterns be it emotional, intellectual or physical.
- It empowers positive cognitive change.
- It helps in managing depression.
- It helps you to bring the self into a state of inner peace and calmness.
- It enhances your state of presence and self-awareness.
- It fine-tunes self-observation.
- It increases self-confidence and attention.
- It enhances your ability to listen and focus on a greater level of details.
- It also improves dynamics between couples.
- If you are dealing with insomnia, try this.
- Sound enhances our self-awareness, it facilitates connecting with the higher self, it promotes self-observation and self-worth, and it increases the state of personal resonance.
So, whatever your problem is, Music is always there to your rescue. Just plug in those headphones and flow into the healing world. Do share your experiences here.